After several rumors and waits, the d-day is here and it is the launch of the HTC 10.
The successor to the HTC One M9 will be available in three variants of gray, silver and golden and will be available for about $750.
HTC 10 Design
The general design of the HTC 10 is still very similar to its predecessors. It is a 5.2-inch WQHD display phone with a fingerprint sensor on its front.
It also spots a dual speaker, a classic BoomSound stereo speaker at the top of the device and the second speaker is on the lower part of the frame.
A difference from previous HTC phones is a two capacitive buttons which are located to the left and right of the fingerprint sensor, which also functions as the home button.
HTC 10 Display
The 5.2-inch device has a Super LCD display 5, hence there is virtually no space between the display and Gorilla Glass cover. The display has been placed directly against the glass.
HTC 10 Software
The HTC 10 is powered by the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow and HTC Sense 8.0. However, for pre-installed applications, HTC has ensured there is no duplicity with apps and features that Google provides as this will speed up software updates for individual apps as well as the operating system itself.
HTC 10 Performance
The HTC 10 is the flagship model in the Taiwanese manufacturer’s smartphone portfolio, it utilises a CPU with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 and has a maximum clock speed of 2.2 GHz. It has the Adreno 530 graphics chip, 4GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal memory which can be expanded with a microSD card up to a maximum of 2 TB.
HTC 10 Audio
HTC smartphones are known for their BoomSound directional stereo speakers, however the HTC 10 second speaker is now on the bottom edge. Both speakers work asynchronously which can be observed during playback while listening to music, instead of stereo sound being output from both speakers, the top speaker (above the display) operates as a tweeter and the speaker nestled in the bottom frame reproduces lower frequencies.
Stereo sound is only produced while video is being watched or games played. The sound output via headphones can be adjusted via audio profiles.
The smartphone has a 1/2.3-inch image sensor with 12 MP resolution in which the pixels are 1.55 microns in size. The aperture of the camera is f/1.8 and also comes with laser and hybrid autofocus to ensure fast focusing.
The device also uses a Sony IMX377 sensor which runs in combination with a large aperture and an optical image stabilizer(OIS).
The HTC 10 could be one of the best selfie smartphones that is currently available with its front camera having a 5 MP image sensor (with enhanced autofocus), an f/1.8 aperture and an optical image stabilizer.
HTC 10 Battery
The smartphone’s battery is a 3,000 mAh unit designed to be at least as big as the competition. With its Quick Charge 3.0 power supply which comes with the phone, the battery should be charged to 50 percent within 30 minutes .
Its battery at full charge can last for two days according to HTC.
- Manufacturer: HTC
- Colors: Carbon Gray, Topaz Gold, Glacier Silver
- Sim type: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Compatible networks: GSM / CDMA/ HSPA / LTE
- Dimensions(H * W * D): 145.9 x 71.9 x 9 mm
- Weight: 161 g
- Operating System:Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- System on chip: Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
- GPU: Adreno 530
- CPU: Dual-core 2.15 GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo
- User Interface: HTC Sense UI
- Memory: 4 GB
- Storage: 32/64 GB
- Removable storage: microSD, up to 200 GB (dedicated slot)
- Battery(Non-Removable): Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Display: Super LCD5 capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.2 inches
- Resolution: 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Rear camera: 12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, OIS, laser autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash,
1/2.3” sensor size, 1.55µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Front camera: 5 MP, f/1.8, 23mm, OIS, autofocus, 1.34 µm pixel size, 1080p, HDR
- Sensors: Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, multitouch
- Sound: Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones, loudspeaker, dual speakers, 3.5mm jack, Hi-Res audio
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot, Bluetooth v4.2, A2DP, apt-X, GPS, NFC, USB v3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.