Nexus 6P codenamed Angler is an Android smartphone manufactured by Huawei. This Nexus device was named “6P”, with the “P” standing for premium, and is the first Nexus device with all-metal design. It is the successor to the Nexus 6 and is upgraded with a fingerprint reader, a faster CPU, a slightly smaller display and better cameras while the wireless charging feature has been removed. The Nexus 6P runs on the Android 6.0 “Marshmallow”, which introduces a refreshed interface, performance improvements.
Nexus 6P Design
The phone is the first in the Nexus lineup with an all-metal body. Color choices include Aluminium, Graphite, Frost, and Gold (Japan exclusive). The screen is protected by a panel of Gorilla Glass 4, while the back and sides are aeronautical-grade anodized aluminum. There is a rear bump that spans the width of the phone that houses the camera sensor, LED flash, laser auto focus, NFC coil, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and cellular antennas. Internally this bump was called a “visor”.
The screen has a 5.7-inch WQHD AMOLED capacitive display, resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels (518 ppi), and features Gorilla Glass 4. It will be compatible with Project Fi, Google’s own mobile network.
The Nexus 6P runs on the Android OS version 6.0 “Marshmallow”.
The Nexus 6P features a octa-core Snapdragon 810 v2.1 system-on-chip (SoC) with four ARM Cortex-A57 cores at 1.95 GHz and four ARM Cortex-A53 cores at 1.55 GHz in a big.LITTLE architecture. The SoC includes an Adreno 430 GPU including support up to OpenGL ES 3.1.
The rear facing camera has 12.3 megapixels with an f/2.0 aperture, and laser autofocus. The sensor has 1.55 micron pixels which assist photography in low light conditions. It will be capable of 4K resolution video recording, as well as slow-motion 720p video capture at 240 fps. The front facing camera has 8 megapixels and an f/2.4 aperture. The camera modules are made by Sony( Sony Exmor R IMX 377)
A fingerprint reader (branded as Nexus Imprint) is located on the rear of the device below the camera.
Memory and Storage
The Nexus 6P has 3 GB of LPDDR4 RAM, which has lower energy consumption compared to the LPDDR3 utilized in the Nexus 6. It is also available in 32, 64, or 128 GB of internal storage. The storage used is Samsung manufactured eMMC 5.0 multi-level cell NAND flash fabricated at 10 nm.
In order to save power, Google has introduced what it calls an ‘Android Sensor Hub’. It is a low-power secondary processor and its purpose is to monitor the device’s movement by connecting directly to the accelerometer, gyroscope, fingerprint reader, and camera’s sensors. This chip runs advanced activity-recognition algorithms that allows it to interpret activities and gestures independently of the main processor. The main CPU needs to only be engaged when something happens that requires more attention. The Sensor Hub recognizes when the device has been picked up and will automatically display notifications in a low-power white-on-black text until the screen has been properly activated. Additionally, the Sensor Hub stack also supports hardware sensor batching, a feature introduced in KitKat that permits sensors for a short period of time to delay handing off non-critical data to the operating system – as opposed to sending a constant stream of data to the CPU that results in the use of more power. Sensor batching has been used in step counters and therefore does not require the main processor to constantly remain awake as each step is measured.
- Manufacturer: Huawei
- Type: Smartphone
- Compatible networks: North America: GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz, UMTS/WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8, CDMA: BC0/1/10, LTE (FDD): B2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/25/26/29/30, LTE (TDD): B41, CA DL: B2-B2, B2-B4, B2-B5, B2-B12, B2-B13, B2-B17, B2-B29, B4-B4, B4-B5, B4-B13, B4-B17, B4-B29, B41-B41
- International: GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz. UMTS/WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/6/8/9/19, TDSCDMA: 34/39, CDMA: BC0/1, LTE (FDD): B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/9/17/19/20/28, LTE (TDD): B38/B39/40/41, CA DL: B1-B5, B1-B8, B1-B19, B3-B3, B3-B5, B3-B7, B3-B8, B3-B19, B3-B20, B3-B28, B5-B7, B7-B7, B7-B20, B7-B28, B39-B39, B40-B40, B41-B41
- Dimensions(H * W * D): 159.3 mm (6.27 in) * 77.8 mm (3.06 in) * 7.3 mm (0.29 in)
- Weight: 178 g (6.28 oz)
- Sim Type: Nano-SIM
- Touch, 360°, rear-mounted
- Operating System: Android “Marshmallow” 6.0
- System on chip: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 v2.1
- GPU: Adreno430
- CPU: 2.0 GHz octa core64-bit ARMv8-A
- Memory: 3 GB of LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage: 32 GB, 64 GB, or 128 GB
- Battery(Non Removable): 3,450 mAh Li-Po battery
- 89 min charge, 6h 24 min use
- Display: 7 in (140 mm) diagonal WQHDAMOLED Cinematic Display with scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 4, 2560×1440 px (518 ppi), 16:9 aspect ratio, Fingerprint and smudge-resistant oleophobic coating
- Rear camera: 3 MP, 1.55 µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, IR laser-assisted autofocus, 4K (30 fps) video capture, Broad-spectrum CRI-90 dual flash, 720p slow motion at 240 fps
- Front camera: 8 MP, 1.4 µm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, HD video (30 fps)
- Sound: Dual front-facing stereo speakers, 3 microphones (2 front, 1 rear) with noise cancellation, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Connectivity: Single Reversible USB Type-C, NFC, Bluetooth 4.2, LTE Cat. 6, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac2x2 MIMO (Dual-Band, 2.4 GHz & 5.0 GHz)
- Other: RGB LED Notification Light