This android smartphone OnePlus X was released by its manufacturers OnePlus on 29 October 2015. The OnePlus X comes with two design options, namely the Onyx and Ceramic version, with the Ceramic being the more expensive limited edition version.
Design and Hardware
The OnePlus X design provides a good grip for its users based on its smooth glass back with textured aluminium bezels. The two versions of the phone feature a dark glass back reminiscent of the glass back on the iPhone 4. The phone also has an the alert slider which toggles between All, Priority Only and No notifications.
Compared to its predecessor OnePlus 2, the OnePlus X doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor as well as the optical image stabilization and swappable back covers.
Other features like the USB Type-C, the micro USB connector and NFC are also not present in the OnePlus X.
The device comes with a 5″ AMOLED 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution screen protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
The OnePlus X features 16GB of internal storage with 3GB LPDDR3 RAM and the handset is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 32-bit quad-core chip clocked at 2.3GHz with an Adreno 330 graphics processor.
Other features include FM radio and a dual SIM (nano SIM) card layout with 4G LTE compatibility which can be swapped to include a micro SD storage card in the 2nd SIM slot for the adding of removable storage.
The OnePlus X comes preloaded with Android 5.1.1 “Lollipop” layered with OnePlus’ Oxygen OS version 2.1.2 on it.
- Manufacturer: OnePlus
- Model: E1001 (China), E1003 (EMEAand Asia), E1005 (North America)
- Type: Smartphone
- Compatible networks: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Form factor: Slate
- Dimensions(H * W * D): 140 mm (5.5 in) * 69 mm (2.7 in) * 9 mm (0.27 in)
- Weight: 138 or 160 g (4.9 or 5.6 oz)
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 “Lollipop”:OxygenOS1.0 (Global version), HydrogenOS (Chinese version)
- System on chip: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
- GPU: Adreno 330450 MHz
- CPU: Quad-core 32-bit 28 nm, Quad-core3 GHz Krait 400
- Memory: 3 GBLPDDR3 RAM
- Storage: 16 GB, eMMC0 v5.0
- Removable storage: 2 removable nano-SIM card slots ; 2nd SIM slot swappable with Micro SD up to 128 GB
- Battery(Non Removable): Li-Po 2525 mAh battery
- Data inputs: Dual microphone with noise cancellation, 3-axis gyroscope, 3 axis accelerometer proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Multi touch touchscreen display
- Display: 5 in (130 mm), 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution (441 ppi), 1080p Full HD AMOLED
- Rear camera: 13 MPf/2.2 aperture, [email protected], [email protected], laser autofocus, LED flash
- Front camera: 8 MP wide-angle lens, f/2.4 aperture
- Sound: Single mono speaker, 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- Connectivity: GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850, 900, 1,800 and 1,900 MHz; Bands: 1/2/4/5/8; FDD-LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/7/8 Wi-Fi(11 b/g/n) (2.4 GHz),Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot,DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0, A2DP, A-GPS, GLONASS & BDS, Micro USB, USB OTG, USB Host, 3.5 mm headphone jack.