The LG V10 is an Android smartphone manufactured by LG Electronics. It is the first in the V series and it’s a feature-packed device with signature feature of the secondary always-on display and a dual selfie camera. It was released in October 2015 and shares many similarities with the earlier LG G4. It has a customizable second display above the primary display that provides several shortcuts for notifications and music controls to the user without the need to use the main display.
The LG V10 is a more powerful version of the LG G4 and offers a larger display, a unique secondary screen, a better and more durable build quality, a fingerprint scanner, and a camera that excels in video recording.
It is only available in the 64 GB model, which also comes with 4 GB of RAM, a microSD slot and removable battery. It will be available in white, space black, beige, ocean blue and opal blue.
Design & Display
The LG V10 measures 160mm x 79mm x 8.6mm (1mm thinner than the G4) and weighs 192g. The screen is a 5.7-inch, QHD affair with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels and a pixel density of 515 ppi. It has a bright IPS LCD panel, with good viewing angles and looks great on all sides. The front is dominated by the 5.7-inch display and stainless steel outer rim while the rest is made of polycarbonate. The back is made of polycarbonate as well, with a rugged and sporty finish, reminiscent of the Moto Maxx. The screen-to-body ratio is 70.8 percent and is flat on both the front and back.
The V10 uses the same camera as the LG G4. The camera is 16 megapixels with an aperture of f/1.8 and includes Optical Image Stabilization with manual DSLR-like modes for video and still shots. There are two front 5 megapixel cameras for widescreen “groupies”. The first has a focal width of 120 degrees and the second 80.
Processor and RAM
It possesses a six core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor which sports an architecture similar to the 810, and 4GB of LPDDR3 933Mhz RAM.
LG V10 Software
The LG V10 comes with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, although LG has already promised a coming update to Marshmallow before the year’s end. Preinstalled apps that come with the phone include Quick Remote Backup, LG Health, QuickMemo and little else.
The LG V10 has a silicone back with a removable battery and SD Card expansion,
- Manufacturer: LG Electronics
- Type: Smartphone
- Compatible networks: H900, H901, H960, F600S/K/L, VS990
- Dual SIM: H961N, H962, H968
- Form factor: Slate
- Dimensions(H * W * D): 159.6 x 79.3 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 192 g
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 “Lollipop”
- System on chip: QualcommSnapdragon 808
- GPU: Adreno 418
- CPU: Hexa-core64-bit 20 nm
- Dual-core82 GHz Cortex A57
- Quad-core44 GHz Cortex A53
- User Interface: Optimus UI
- Memory: 4 GB LPDDR3RAM
- Storage: 32 or 64 GB
- Removable storage: microSDXCup to 2 TB
- Battery(Removable): 3000 mAh battery
- Display: 7 in (140 mm) 2560×14401440p(515 ppi) IPS LCD
- Secondary Display 2.1 in (53 mm) 160×1040
- Rear camera: 16 MPOIS 2.0, f/1.8 aperture,LED flash, Hybrid infrared autofocus
- Front camera: Dual 5 MP, f/2.0 / f/2.2 aperture 80° / 120° wide angle
- Sound: Mono speaker, 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- Connectivity: GSM/HSPA/LTE/4G, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Infrared blaster, Bluetooth 4.1 LE (aptX), NFC, DLNA, GPS (GPS-A, Glonass), Miracast, USB 2.0 (Micro-B), 4K SlimPort
- Other: Fingerprint Sensor, MIL-STD-810G shock resistant.