The Motorola Moto 360 Sport Smartwatch is a fitness friendly gadget. It is a iteration on the 42mm-sized Moto 360, but with a design that’s a bit more attuned to taking a beating.
The Moto 360 Sport is a lot similar to its predecessor, Moto 360 2015 with its 300mAh battery. It runs a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor and has 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage, heartrate sensor. Chip-wise, this watch does pack a GPS chip inside and this will enable you to engage in run tracking while away from your phone. It also has IP67 water and dust resistance, a 45mm case, and a silicon band that is sweatproof.
Chip-wise, this watch does pack a built-in GPS chip inside that works seamlessly with Moto Body to measure your performance and enable you to track your distance traveled, pace, lap times, and more even while away from your phone.
Motorola moved away from its standard LCD in the display design for the Moto 360 Sport to a “1.37-inch AnyLight Hybrid Display” which is supposed to perform better under sunlight as it works both as a traditional backlit screen and as a front-lit reflective one (think old school color Palm PDAs) .
The screen has a two-finish effect that helps to minimize the size of the bezel, and is something Motorola learned in designing the first and second generations of the standard Moto 360. It is covered in Gorilla Glass 3 and surrounded by a ring of metal with the inner half having a smooth matte metal finish, while the outer half is polished and etched with radiating lines.
Motorola’s custom watch face is tuned for fitness, letting you track your steps, activity, heart rate through the day.
The AnyLight Hybrid Display allows for the backlight to turn completely off when the screen is sleeping, but that also means that the ambient display time is really quite dark when viewed in dimmer light. Under direct light it looks great, like an older LCD watch. Unfortunately it also has pretty poor viewing angles, easily washing out when viewed off-center.
- Operating system: Android Wear™
- Display: AnyLight Hybrid Display, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3, 1.37” (35mm), 263ppi (360 X 325)
- Watch case dimensions: 45mm diameter by 11.5mm high
- Weight: 54g
- Battery: 300mAh – Up to a full day of mixed use with Ambient on, Wireless charging with charging dock included.
- Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400 with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU (APQ 8026), Adreno 305 with 450MHz GPU
- Memory: 4GB internal storage + 512MB RAM
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, 4.0 Low Energy, Wi-Fi, 802.11 b/g
- Sensors: Barometric Altimeter, Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Gyroscope, Vibration/Haptics engine
- Heart rate sensors: Optical heart rate monitor (PPG)
- Water resistance: IP67 dust and water resistant – Not waterproof
- Microphone: Dual digital mics
- Bands: Silicone band